Is Portland, Oregon A Vortex For Great Photography?
Portland, Oregon has come in and out of my photosphere of life a lot in the last couple of weeks. What is it about Portland? A few instances where Portland has popped up on my radar:
- I recently started writing for ApertureExpert.com. The ApertureExpert himself, the venerable Joseph Linaschke, is based in Portland.
- Brian Matiash is one of my favorite photographers. An east coast transplant like me, he just moved back to Portland. He and Nicole S. Young, another great photographer.
- I have also posted a couple of videos to OnOne Software's U YouTube channel. I love onOne's stuff and use it all the time. Where is onOne based? You guessed it. Portland.
- Actually, via onOne's videos, I got turned on to Hudson Henry, also Portland-based.
- Early today I caught a twitter post from the omnipresent Scott Kelby showing a flight delay. Where's he going? Portland.
Is this a sign? Should I be planning my next road trip to Portland?
Any other awesome Portland photographers out there? Shout if you know one - or are one.
Update: Joseph corrected me. He is based in Ashland, Oregon (lower part of the state), not Portland. He's still awesome, though. Perhaps it not Portland, rather the Pacific Northwest. :)