Oregon Coastal Adventure, November 2018
Oregon Coastal Adventure, November 2018
Sunny with a chance of Archibald & Friends
Dates: November 5th - 10th, 2018
Use this product to register or make a payment for the Oregon Coastal Adventure private event in November 2018. Add the item to your cart, checkout, and you're all set.
Questions? Ask Scott!
Refer to my workshop cancellation policy for details on cancellations and refunds.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The workshop begins mid-day on Nov 5th, 2018. We'll meet at our private house in Bandon to get to know one another. We plan the workshop to help you achieve your photography goals.
Each day we will shoot sunrise and sunset. We'll monitor the weather closely and select locations to get the best conditions. If the skies are interesting mid-day, we may choose to stay out shooting and forgo a post-processing session. The weather is fickle and may turn on us the next day. We'll take advantage of good conditions and make photos when the odds are in our favor.
In between our shoots, we will stay together as a group and enjoy meals together, too. When conditions aren't good, we'll return to our private beach house to recharge. I will host post processing lessons in between shoots, too. I will have some prepared material, although I prefer to tailor lessons to your needs. This is your workshop.
On the morning of Nov 10th, we will wrap up our workshop with photo presentations. Days will be long. The alarm will ring early. Some days involve a couple of hours of driving (we'll carpool). This isn't a vacation and we will "work" during the workshop. You will be tired after 6 days - but you'll also be grinning from ear to ear!
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- 10 location shoots on the central and southern Oregon Coast
- 5 nights lodging in our private beach house in Bandon, Oregon
- Daily hands-on coaching and instruction in the field
- Group and personalized post processing instruction
- Photo critiques
- Water and snacks while on location
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Transportation (airfare/car rental) to and from Bandon, Oregon
- Travel Insurance
- Anything else not expressly included
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
In my experience, the more questions and thirst for knowledge you bring to the workshop, the more you will get out of it. I thrive on questions and love teaching photography.
- How to create dynamic, compelling landscape compositions
- How exposure settings affect the appearance and feeling of water in your photos
- How to best focus your camera for landscapes
- Workflow and post processing techniques to bring out color and detail in seascapes
- How to use masking and brushing to make your photos pop!
- And much, much more…
WHAT TO BRING
Participants receive a complete workshop handbook with details on what gear and clothing to pack. Here's a summary:
- A camera that is capable of manual mode. Interchangeable lenses are a plus.
- A variety of lenses. If you can pack only one, pack a wide angle.
- A sturdy tripod. The coast can get windy.
- A laptop. Post processing is a big part of the workshop.
- A neutral density and/or polarizing filter.
- A warm, waterproof jacket and layers of clothing.
- Sturdy hiking boots that can get wet.
- An open mind and a can-do attitude!
This workshop will involve some hiking. If you are comfortable walking on uneven ground for 1 to 2 miles, you'll be fine on this workshop. There are some coastal trails and stairways that wind down several hundred feet on steeper inclines, so the hike back up is the tough part. If a location is out of your comfort zone, I'm never going to force participation. We'll figure out an alternative.
All skill levels are welcome. You do not need to be an advanced photographer. You'll get more from the workshop if you already have an understanding of the fundamentals. If you can work comfortably in aperture priority mode and know when it's time to switch to manual/bulb, you're plenty prepared.
REGISTRATION, CANCELLATION & LIABILITY
The workshop cost is $1795. That includes personalized instruction, on location guidance, post processing lessons and 5 nights lodging in our private beach house. Lodging is from the afternoon of Monday, November 5th, 2018 through the morning of Saturday, November 10th, 2018.
A deposit of $295 reserves your space. Per my workshop cancelation policy, deposits are non-refundable. You will be invoiced for the remaining $1500 in two installments of $750 each in 2018. If you need a more incremental payment plan, contact me and we'll make arrangements.
Participants agree to join the workshop at their own risk and must sign a waiver of liability. By its nature, outdoor landscape photography has inherent risks. I’ll never lead you into an area that is unduly dangerous. If at any time during the workshop you don’t feel comfortable, certainly let me know.
Please review my cancellation policy. This policy covers cancellations from both students and the instructor(s) and refund information.